Friday, July 14, 2006

DAY 7, Tacoma, WA

Woke up early to leave Boise, didn't sleep too well, so I was buttass tired. But i think the fact that i was tired expediated the 8 hour drive to Tacoma. I just sort of zoned out the whole time untill the scenery got really amazing. which it did once we started getting into to central Washington. The show sort of sucked, started at 6:00pm. We were done and out of there by 8:30. Which was weird because it was a bar/ later show sort of atmosphere. Weirds. But, we did get fed, and that was awesome. Also got to try a really good Washington beer, Mac and Jack's. There were two people that came from far away, and that totally made it worth it.
Stayed with my Former art school roomate from when i lived in seattle three years ago. How wild. When i lived with him, he was just a kid, two years younger than me. Now he's a total adult, about to be a dad, lives in a house. It's crazy. He and his girlfriend have been very accomidating. It's sort of bittersweet coming back to Seattle. Like me, all of my old friends have left. As we drove by the shimmering Emeralds of downtown Seattle i let my memory jog and shuttle through all of the streets and alleys, faces and friendships. Another one of those things about aging. Sucks.

We're driving to Portland today, then a long hall to Sacremento the day after. I'm pretty stoked. Reading back through this one, it's not that great. No awards won with this one. That's okay. I don't feel much like a champ today.

Ooh, gonna buy a new pedal, stoked on that.

No comments: