Sunday, July 23, 2006

DAY 14 San Antonio, TX

Woke up at 6:50am and hit the road. It was pretty neat driving along the Mexican border, seeing to the country. I’ve never been to Mexico, I’d like to visit some time. Oh, I didn’t say this in my last post, but Juarez looked amazing all lit up. That is a massive city. For being a nine hour drive, it didn’t really seem like it took that long. I co piloted up front with Scott for the first time this tour and we had a nice time talking. I saw a javalina dead on the side of the highway. It was huge. I thought it was a monster truck tire until I saw its short legs protruding from its massive body. Kinda sad. But, I’d never seen one, now I can say I did.

The show was fun, played at a placed called the White Rabbit that had a very interesting evil rabbit theme. I have a rash on my arm. I think I got it from getting in De Sole’s van in the Paso. Not really. But it is annoying. I was hoping to see my Aunt Karis while in San Antonio, mostly for the fact that it’s nice to see family but also the fact that she’s a dermatologist and could have maybe given me some pointers on how to make it go away. I was bummed I didn’t get to see my her, my uncle Duncan or my Grandmother, but I kind of dropped the ball and forget to let them know I’d be in town until two days before. Poor planning on my part. But, my cousins Shawn and Michael Duncan came out and it was great to see them. I just love getting to spend time with family I hardly ever see anyone on my dad’s side of the family. Nothing realy notable happened at the show, it went off without a hitch. There wasn’t a ton of people, but again, the ones that were there were really into it. The sound guy was a nice guy. I liked his WASP t shirt.

No comments: