Tuesday, July 18, 2006

DAY 12 Phoenix, AZ DAY OFF con't.

So earlier i was on lounging lacksidasically on the hotel bed (first, probably only time of the tour to get to do so) and jude came in and asked for his computer back. Just before i relinquished it i saw an instant message from duty that said something to the effect of "I've been keeping up with your blog, I can't tell if you're having fun or not."

We'll, I can assure you that I'm having the time of my life. i'm getting to do what i want to do, and with people i enjoy getting to do it with. I'm not at my part time job making six dollars an hour counting the minutes till i get to go home, wondering why i'm bullshitting behind a desk wondering why i'm not practicing my instrument. i'm not at the bar five nights a week drinking because i don't know what else to do with myself. I'm playing every night. I'm seeing America. I'm playing. and I owe it to Scott for asking me to come on this tour. And this is all I want to do. Thiss what I've submitted myself to and plan on doing as a career. I'm priming myself for the road life. Back home I have friends waiting for me, friends i want to commit this portion of my life to (the years you tell the grandkids about) and come back and say "this is what we have to do. Do it all the way, Make it happen. Now is the time to say if you're in for good or not." I'm ready for Student Film to be a real fucking band. We need to be on the road. We should have been a year ago. Our time is now. I'm ready for Footage to be a real fucking band with really fucking good songs. Jake has written songs that absolutely need to be heard. Brady and Jake are two people I simply need to play with. Need to create with. Two people I know can help me become a better player while being condusive of being a better person. Those are my goals.
Work hard at being a good person. Work hard at making art i can live by. Chris Harris has taught me a lot. I'm ready to get back and make music with him. Learn from him. His wisdom of the aural arts is largely under appriciated. I'm at least glad i'm on the inside on this one and he has the goodness impart to me his knowledge. So, needless to say, I sort of get the idea from my friends back home that I'm boning out. That couldn't be farther from the truth. Oklahoma is my home. It runs in my veins. Just so I'm straight with myself and anyone interested, music is my life and i plan on making it happen. Hold on tight.

2 comments:

becky said...

eff yes. thank you, duty, for provoking this entry.

Patches Mortimer said...

hooray!