Friday, July 07, 2006

DAY 1 Joplin MO 7/6/06

I'm on a couch in a large, cold war era home in Joplin. we played a weird show at this crazy huge place with a green room. It was actually green too (!!) It also had a huge climbing wall, skate park, Apple computer lab, skate shop, and arcade. It was like all those disney movies from the mid nineties set in southern California that always feature the "cool" place where all the kids hang out. Or like in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles except the total antithesis of that, no one was walking around throwing out cartons of cigarettes to underage kids. Totally bizaar. there's about 20 kids there, the stage was like five feet tall. total stage drive. not really. The show was over by 9:30. awesome! weird! I spent the drive from Norman to joplin cutting out an Umbrellas stencil, it was awesome, totally passed the time like it was nothing. I finished about an hour out of Joplin so I read some Flannery O'connor. Man, she's good. I can already tell this is going to be a good time for me. Some time away from real life. Oh, Jude and I got to ride on a scooter, that was really fun. eventually i'll post some pictures once one of the dudes in the band lets me use their computer to upload them. I'm stoked about going to Bromaha tomorrow, i've never been there. I bet it will be a wailass town. I just seems like it will be.

No comments: