Saturday, July 29, 2006

DAY 22 Jacksonville, FL

So, all four of our Florida dates have been/are within 30 minutes of the Format, Rainer Maria, Anathallo tour. That's really taken a toll on possible audiance attendence. I've gotta say that last night in Orlando was the weirdest show i've ever played. It was at a really cool venue, but they started it at 5:30pm, on a Thursday. So weird. Needless to say, not many came. I played possibly the worst I ever have. I completely screwed up the beginning of our first song. That threw a wrench in the rest of the evening for me. That's okay, I can roll. Everybody has off nights. Or afternoons in this show's case. Maybe that's the what did it, playing while the sun is still fully blazing outside. We stayed with Chris again, Sammy's highschool buddy that's studying at full sail. He's a chill bro and very kind to let us stay there two nights in a row. We watched the Ali G movie, definitely not as good as the tv show but it had its moments. Wait, i'm supposed to be talking about Jacksonville, not Orlando.

Jacksonville was ehh. I had fun playing for sure, but once again the Format was playing 1.3 miles away. I don't think there's enough people in Jacksonville to handle more than one show in one night. Post show was so tight. We got some brews, got to go swimming and hung out on a pier. The nice girls we stayed with had this cute dog that didn't have any fur! it was like petting a shark. So cute. Oh, and we had a late night trip to Waffle House, that was way awesome.

No comments: