Monday, October 01, 2007

9/29/07 Fullerton, CA

Based on my evening there, Fullerton is one of those OC towns filled to the gills with ridiculous cars, ample fake tits, oxygen bars, cool restuarants that close after six months and reopen as something more "now" and $400 throw-away trends. Which if fun for me, I only have to do it for a night. I bought some smokes at a smoke shop (my first of the tour, sue me I'm stressed) and the vendor bought a fag from me for .50 cents and we sat and talked for the duration (approx 5.5 minutes, they were european cigarettes) he said he'd been to Oklahoma with his boyfriend and proceeded to tell me stories about it. Inaccuracies abound. As he told me about Oklahoma like I'd never been there, I wondered if he'd even been there. And then, after blandly nodding, drawing smoke and waving the cigarette in my hand to further support my corrections of his impreciseness I realized that maybe the story I tell of Fullerton is one he'd correct and scoff at in the same manner. Abrubtly 5 men came in looking for cigars to smoke at the bars later while scouting for bone-prone babes. That's not what they said, just what I assumed. So I ducked out and wandered back to the venue. This show got moved two days prior due to some sort of city coding or zoning indescrepency at the original venue. The new location was about 50 yards away at a place called plush lounge. Very nice, set up more for dance parties and casual drinking but it worked. Tiiiiny stage. I like being cramped like that though sometimes, even if I am coordinating my movements with the headstock of Scott's guitar as not to get the shit knocked out of my head. Lots of people came out, that was fun. I had plenty of good convos with the zookeepers. Those guys are so rad. Tonight we're staying with some nice ladies we met in Hollywood that don't live too far from Fullerton. Their house is totally killer. They just ran to the liquor store, I've got a bottle of whiskey with name in it.

No comments: