Friday, October 05, 2007

10/03/07 Albuquerque, NM

These last couple of days of the tour consist of some hefty drives and time changes, the hefty drives are allowing me a lot of time to read. The time changes are making me tired. I think I slept in the back of the van for a couple of hours but honestly I can't remember if that was today or yesterday or tomorrow (I often update my blog retrospectively a day or two later). On this tour, we've either been getting buy outs or fed by the venue. Naturally I hope for the buyouts because it's 10 bucks I get to put in my pocket, $3-$5 of which I actually use for food and then hold on to the rest. Plus there is always a little bit of apprehension getting fed by a promoter or venue. Sometimes you'll get a great quizno's party tray, or perhaps even a well prepared, home cooked meal. Equally chanced though (perhaps more so) is the prospect for luke warm mystery meats, peanut butter and a loaf of bread or diet orange crush knock off and funyuns. Well tonight the Launchpad ordered us pizza from a local joint called "Punk Rock Pizza!" If I had my way, I don't think I'd ever dine somewhere who's name psychologically triggers the stench of poor genital hygiene and never-washed hands. I do not have my way. The pizza wasn't bad actually, but you wouldn't eat that burger if you saw the cow get knocked. Just like I probably wouldn't have eaten the pizza if I saw the circumstances of its preparation. There have been a couple of shows that for some reason or another the promoters haven't taken the whole tour package, just Lydia and Umbrellas, no Zookeeper. This is one of those nights and those nights are always a little slower. They played at a bar across town. If we weren't so beat we would have gone to see them. Instead we went to our motel (number two of the tour) and slept. Long drive tomorrow to... Midland TX? Oh great.

No comments: