Monday, October 08, 2007

10/05/07 San Antonio, TX

Dang it if I'm not totally discombobulated. The overnight drives always make me feel so crazy. But I had fun; Scott and I nearly finished The Kid Stays In The Picture and had deep convo about deep stuff. That's always good. We also saw tons of deer. Throngs of them. My rough estimate is about 30. The majority of the drive was small highways except for I-10 there at the end so we saw a lot of animal life. Every time we'd see a deer or a family of deer we'd both tense up and go "oh god" for fear that they may dart in front of us but they were all pretty blasé about us driving by. Scott said he saw a giant rabbit standing on its hind legs but I think he was hallucinating by that point. There was also no moon at all for the majority of the drive so everything that emerged from the darkness by the illumination of our headlights was some sort of creature until it came into focus. The sleep after completing the all night drive is always weird because, though I am beyond tired when I finally get to lay down (6:00am this time) I am completely addled by all the coffee and brain energy used to keep myself alert. We are staying with our friend Kenny who Scott has known for several years. He's a solid dood. So the show tonight was a lot of fun. It had all of the right ingredients to be no fun at all but regardless we all had a great time. The bush league promoter made Zookeeper open and then put two locals after them. If I had a confrontational bone in my body I would have given that guy what for but I don't. The culmination of little sleep, lots of lone star and playing after midnight made for a fun performance. At one point Scott did a high kick in my direction and my glasses flew off simultaneously by happenstance. It was awesome; it looked as though he just totally wailed me in the face with his Rod Lavers. It took me a while to find my glasses. So Austin tomorrow, we'll see you there.

No comments: