Tuesday, October 02, 2007

10/01/07 DAY OFF LA

When I woke up this morning I read an Interview with Jason Schwartzman in the LA times about the Darjeeling Limited and George Clooney about political involvement and his role in the film industry. I wish the Norman Transcript had such illustrious interviews. We ate at an incredible Mexican joint called Las Barcas. I had two chicken soft tacos for under $4.00. wooooo! And they were so good. I find much culinary fulfillment in authentic Mexican cuisine. We were right by the beach so we went. It was beautiful; we went to the end of the Huntington Beach Pier where a SEAGULL SHAT IN MY HAIR. That son of a bitch. I got over it. It wasn't too messy, no white residue. I think he just had too much to drink. So I went and stood shin deep in the ocean and watched the waves picking up the surfers for the better half of an hour. Every time I stand and look out into the ocean it's a rare moment where I have a memory come to the surface about the last time I did this and then I have the same conversation with myself and say "this is when I feel the most present to myself. Not thinking ahead, or looking back, just looking out into water painting the horizon blue." Or something to that effect. It's not always such forced poetry but you get the idea. I've only stood and looked out into the ocean a handful of times, but that's always what happens. It's a good feeling. After that I had a Blizzard from Dairy Queen. Then we went to Starbucks and I had some iced vanilla brew. After that, H&M where I scored a very swank sweater vest. Then Scott dropped us off at the girls from the Hollywood show's house. Now I'm sipping a Whiskey and Diet. Man, besides shit in my hair, today was such a good day! Now I'm sitting at their kitchen table, no one is here except for Sammy, Nick and I, all of the ladies are in class. They left the side door unlocked for me. It's very serene in here. I have a fan blowing my hair; I'm blogging and enjoying my cocktail. Feels like home a little, nice and relaxed. I actually didn't feel like I was in someone else’s house until I walked into the bathroom a little bit ago and saw the slew of tampons in the trashcan. Then I realized quick "I don't live here." I had a good laugh. I imagine we'll just drink and listen to jams all night. Seems perfect. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

becky said...

i've been reading through your blog links. i've been to "my old kentucky home." the actual place.

it was boring.