Thursday, April 26, 2007

DAY 6

WICHITA KS, the Electric Snake.
Wichita is a strange town. I really like playing there, and the people at shows are very kind and nice but each time we go I feel like I get a taste of the darkness that is Wichita. We ate at a place next to the Electric Snake called Taco Shoppe. I'm pretty sure everyone in there was on some sort of bath-tub concocted drug. Everyone was really edgy and bleary eyed, staring us down as we walked in. We don't even look that rock and roll. I mean, sure I do because looking awesomely rock and roll is inherent to my nature but not so much yesterday because I was sick and just wanted a taco. And the show was sort of blah, the local bands played first even though we requested they play last so almost everyone left after their friends played. I don't know. That town is just bumming me out more and more the more I get to know it. And its so distabilizing and depressing when it seems like everywhere you go everyone is high or drunk or concerned about how soon they will be, no matter the time of day. but that's kinda been this whole tour. That's just not my scene, I don't like being around that. But, BUT, Some really rad people stuck around and watched us and Berry play and danced, that makes it worth it. Got home at 4:30am. Slept the sleep of the dead.

No comments: