Wednesday, August 02, 2006

DAY 27 Virginia Beach, VA

Holy balls it is hot here. Ridiculously hot. I don't think I've ever experienced this level of humidity and heat combined. I had the whole "i'm hot and I'm irritated" thing going on for a little while, then i finally just submitted to it and I eventually just got used to it. There's just nothing you can do about being hot, so i just let it happen and I got used to it. Easily the hottest show we've played. Right now we're at a house that is in the midst of being moved out of by a girl and her family. Her family is out of town but her, her equally underaged friends, and two dudes that are around my age---

///and then we got thrown out///

Ha, so I'm finishing this two days later. I was laying in my bed roll when angry neighbor busts in the room and says "YOUR ACCOMODATIONS HAVE CHANGED, BOYS." As i was saying previously, before I was rudely interrupted, two dudes around my age came over a little while after us with two cases of beer and preceded to pass them out to the creepilly younger girls. I wasn't really stoked on that, none of us were, but we were tired and just wanted to sleep. So Scott's in bed in a guestroom while Jude and I are in now completely empty room laying bed rolls. Sammy is downstairs chilling, playing big brother and keeping an eye on the girls. So it turns out when you've got loudass teenagers at a house that neighbors know full well is supposed to be empty, the proverbial shit hits the fan. Sucks though, we had nothing to do with it and still got the brunt of it. It wasn't even possibly to try explain to fatter Dr. Phil the situation because 1) he didn't seem like the kind of dad-aged dude that listens to reason, nor logic, nor weird looking guys in their boxers. 2) i could totally see where he was coming from. So needless to say, we all slumberously lumbered into the van and looked around and said 1) "what just happened?" and 2) "what do we do now?" so, 3:00am, we hit the road, drove up the coast from Virginia Beach to Ridgewood New Jersey. Got to Jude's parent's house around 10:00am. We couldn't really believe it happened. I slept the sleep of the dead...

No comments: