Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DAY 2, March 11

It is always pleasant to sleep until you wake up. And that’s what we got to do today. After some lunch and coffee we made our way from Ft. Worth to Deep Ellum around 4:30. There is a festival going on there called North By South West. I had a great day, had a really good time with the bros, really enjoyed playing but as far as festivals go, it was a bust. No one was there. Bummer for the promoter. Down the street there was an all day death metal festival as well. That seemed even stranger for some reason, walking by a venue on a Sunday after noon and hearing brutal gutturals and punishing sweep arpeggios coming from there door. It seemed like there were about as many people at the show as there were at ours. Got to see Okkerville River play, that was rad. They were great. Oh, and I got a really great jacket for 12 bucks at a vintage store. I also determined that I think I’m starting to have identity issues because of my beard and hair, I don’t recognize myself right away when I see myself in reflections. That’s a wild sensation. The trips in the van are just getting better and better. When the drives get longer, everyone gets a little more candid, tells stories they maybe shouldn’t and we just all around really get to bond. I don’t know the last time I have gotten to laugh this hard. It’s a good feeling.

Last night I was having wild dreams about werewolves and how I was safe if I was in my car but I always had the wrong house keys so I could never get into my house and then I was stuck outside in the dark with giant werewolves. The weirdest part was that the werewolves had tie-died fur. I think that it was just a reaffirmation of my severe disdain for hippie culture.

On our way to San Antonio today, we’ll have the day off so we’ll be eating some good Mexican food at Mama Margerie’s and I’m going to push that we go to that outdoor mall thing. I have family in San Antonio, but I forgot to let them know I was coming and I’d hate to spring that on them. I don’t know, maybe I’ll call them. That’s just something my dad totally does and I don’t think I want to come to grips with the fact that I have those traits. I really hope we go to the alamo, I've never gotten to see the basement.

1 comment:

Mother A and Bicycle Bones said...

What locations and dates are on your total tour list? We may be near at some point or another-Man, tour was a blast in my past, I hope this one is just as fun!

- Marshall